excalibur-dev mailing list archives

From Niclas Hedhman <nic...@hedhman.org>
Subject Re: www.apache.org/dist/excalibur signatures (was: Re: Cron <henkp@minotaur> ( cd /home/henkp/checker ; /usr/bin/make -s cron ) (fwd))
Date Tue, 20 Mar 2007 02:36:42 GMT

Putting back http://avalon.apache.org links as well??

> I also note that /dist/avalon is missing 35 signatures, all related
> files owned by Niclas.

Are we talking

[niclas@minotaur /www/www.apache.org/dist/avalon]$
  for FILE in \
     `find . -type f | grep -v asc | grep -v md5 | grep -v MD5` ; \
  do  \
    ASC=`ls $FILE.asc 2>/dev/null` ; \
    if [ "$ASC" = "" ] ; \
    then \
      ls -l $FILE ; \
    fi ; \
  done | grep "2004"

which returns 44 items
??
Not sure you conclude the are "owned" by me, but they seem familiar...

merlin-jmx-demo --> I was told to put Release Candidates in dist/, and IIRC it
was corrected later.

*.meta  -->  These were files used by Merlin itself for bootstrapping
purposes. Not sure why they are in /dist/avalon at all. Merlin would locate
those in Maven repository.

avalon-logkit-2.0.dev-0-src.tar.gz --> the "dev" marker means that this is not
a released artifact at all, and should not be in /dist. Probably missed
leftover from the time when developing an automated "release generator".
After all, we had something like 150 artifacts to process...

That leaves;
./merlin/binaries/3.3.0/merlin-3.3.0-install.exe  --> I don't have Windows, so
I don't think I have been involved directly in manipulation of this file.

./merlin/distributions/distributions.tar.gz  --> No idea what this file is,
but the content seems to suggest that it is garbage.

I hope this compilation helps.

And as you pointed, it was very hard to keep the tongue in the right place due
to the enormous amount of artifacts to be processed and checked for releases.
Now I find it remarkable that there are not a lot more mistakes.
I remember I was preparing that once to provide re-producable builds of
Excalibur and Fortress (mainly to get Gump operational), but also so that
Cocoon could operate with properly released components and not it own built
snapshots of everything.

Cheers
--
Niclas Hedhman, Software Developer