excalibur-dev mailing list archives

From J Aaron Farr <fa...@apache.org>
Subject Re: svn commit: r492447
Date Fri, 26 Jan 2007 09:36:05 GMT
Carsten Ziegeler <cziegeler@apache.org> writes:

> Leo Simons wrote:
>> <STRIP/>
> I stripped most of your mail, just because of size :)
> Now, I agree with most of what you said.

+1 to Leo's comments from here as well.

>>> What do others think about it?
>>>
>>> I can revert the stuff, if required, no problem.
>>
>> Well, let's see if we reach agreement, first :)
>>
> So, I think: removing "implements Component" from the interface, but
> leave it/add it to the implementation for compatiblity.
>
> Fine with everyone?

I think POJO is a bad term that is readily abused.  That said, I've never liked the marker
interface and wouldn't mind seeing it go.  We'd need to test everything of course.  And if
we're going to go that far then maybe I'll finally work on making sure all the components
properly run in OSGi environments too.

--
  jaaron