excalibur-dev mailing list archives

From Leo Simons <m...@leosimons.com>
Subject Re: Current Activity
Date Fri, 10 Mar 2006 17:58:25 GMT
On Fri, Mar 10, 2006 at 12:34:59PM -0500, J Aaron Farr wrote:
> So I'm putting together a quarterly report for the ASF Board and there
> really isn't anything to report.  That's not necessarily a bad thing,
> but if anyone has something they'd like to add, please feel free and
> speak up.

With our history, we should be proud of "nothing to report" :-)

> > In case you're wondering, in the last four months we've seen a trickle
> of subversion commits, mostly related to using Maven 2 as well as a
> few bug fixes here and there.  Is there enough to warrant a release
> within the next quarter?  Does anyone have any itches they've been
> planning on scratching?

I'm doing a lot of java development at the moment (no, it doesn't use
avalon or excalibur containers) utilizing most of the jakarta-commons
stuff and a whole bunch of ws.apache.org stuff. Basically, the quality
of some of the components in excalibur is just a lot higher (except
for the documentation) and I periodically have this itch to spend some
time to turn these libraries into container-independent ones so they are
easier to introduce into existing environments (seems *everyone* uses
Spring these days. What a shame).

I hope I find the time for it. Who knows.

cheers!

LSD