excalibur-dev mailing list archives

From Nicholas_Z_Irv...@national.com.au
Subject Re: Errors with Example Servlet from SVN
Date Thu, 15 Dec 2005 00:58:11 GMT
okay it seems that the JARS i had were different than those from the
download site, so updated those and found that I was missing some META
information files. Added those, did a refresh in RAD and all worked. Still
have those

DEBUG   11346   [fortress] (): Adding service:
org.apache.excalibur.source.impl.SourceResolver
DEBUG   11346   [fortress] (): Specified service
'org.apache.excalibur.source.impl.SourceResolver' is not available
java.lang.ClassNotFoundException:
org.apache.excalibur.source.impl.SourceResolver

DEBUG   11346   [fortress] (): Adding service:
org.apache.excalibur.source.impl.SourceFactory
DEBUG   11346   [fortress] (): Specified service
'org.apache.excalibur.source.impl.SourceFactory' is not available
java.lang.ClassNotFoundException:
org.apache.excalibur.source.impl.SourceFactory

messages though.

Thanks for all the help, now going to see what else I can do with this
framework.

Regards,
Nicholas Irving

( +61 3 8641 3236      2 +61 3 8641 6810      :
Nicholas_Z_Irving@national.com.au

Identity Management, Web Applications
Support Technology

National Australia Bank
Floor 4, 500 Bourke Street
Melbourne, Victoria 3000

(Embedded image moved to file: pic18361.jpg)identityCentre Home Page

             Nicholas_Z_Irving
             @national.com.au
             15/12/2005 09:07          "Excalibur Developers List"
             AM                        <dev@excalibur.apache.org>
                                                                        cc
                                       Excalibur Developers List
             Please respond to         <dev@excalibur.apache.org>
                "Excalibur                                         Subject
             Developers List"          Re: Errors with Example Servlet
             <dev@excalibur.ap         from SVN
                 ache.org>

Hmm, confused now. This is my META-INF/MANIFEST.INF

Manifest-Version: 1.0
Class-Path: lib/avalon-framework-api-4.3.jar
 lib/avalon-framework-impl-4.3.jar
 lib/avalon-logkit-2.1.jar
 lib/bcel-5.1.jar
 lib/commons-beanutils-1.7.0.jar
 lib/commons-collections-3.1.jar
 lib/commons-logging-1.0.4.jar
 lib/concurrent-1.3.4.jar
 lib/d-haven-event-1.0.3.jar
 lib/d-haven-managed-pool-1.0.jar
 lib/excalibur-fortress-container-1.1.jar
 lib/excalibur-fortress-container-api-1.2.jar
 lib/excalibur-fortress-container-impl-1.2.jar
 lib/excalibur-fortress-meta-1.2.jar
 lib/excalibur-instrument-api-2.1.jar
 lib/excalibur-instrument-mgr-api-2.1.jar
 lib/excalibur-instrument-mgr-impl-2.1.jar
 lib/excalibur-lifecycle-api-2.1.jar
 lib/excalibur-lifecycle-impl-2.1.jar
 lib/excalibur-logger-2.1.jar
 lib/excalibur-pool-api-2.1.jar
 lib/excalibur-pool-impl-2.1.jar
 lib/excalibur-sourceresolve-2.1.jar
 lib/excalibur-event-api-current.jar
 lib/excalibur-event-impl-current.jar

so I have the necessary files (as per conversation below)

I did find this though in fortress-examples.log

WARN    11345   [fortress] (): Unable to load class
org.apache.avalon.excalibur.datasource.JdbcDataSource. Skipping.
WARN    11345   [fortress] (): Unable to load class
org.apache.avalon.excalibur.datasource.J2eeDataSource. Skipping.
WARN    11345   [fortress] (): Unable to load class
org.apache.avalon.excalibur.datasource.InformixDataSource. Skipping.
WARN    11345   [fortress] (): Unable to load class
org.apache.avalon.excalibur.monitor.ActiveMonitor. Skipping.
WARN    11345   [fortress] (): Unable to load class
org.apache.avalon.excalibur.monitor.PassiveMonitor. Skipping.
WARN    11345   [fortress] (): Unable to load class
org.apache.excalibur.xml.xpath.XPathProcessorImpl. Skipping.
WARN    11345   [fortress] (): Unable to load class
org.apache.excalibur.xml.xpath.JaxenProcessorImpl. Skipping.
DEBUG   11345   [fortress] (): addRole role: name='resolver',
role='org.apache.excalibur.source.SourceResolver',
class='org.apache.excalibur.source.impl.SourceResolverImpl',
handler='org.apache.avalon.fortress.impl.handler.ThreadSafeComponentHandler'

WARN    11345   [fortress] (): Unable to load class
org.apache.excalibur.xml.impl.JaxpParser. Skipping.
WARN    11345   [fortress] (): Unable to load class
org.apache.excalibur.xml.impl.XercesParser. Skipping.
DEBUG   11345   [fortress] (): Adding service:
org.apache.avalon.fortress.examples.components.Translator
DEBUG   11345   [fortress] (): Reading meta info for
org.apache.avalon.fortress.examples.components.TranslatorImpl
ERROR   11345   [fortress] (): Meta information for
org.apache.avalon.fortress.examples.components.TranslatorImpl unavailable,
skipping this class.
DEBUG   11345   [fortress] (): Adding service:
org.apache.excalibur.source.impl.SourceResolver
DEBUG   11345   [fortress] (): Specified service
'org.apache.excalibur.source.impl.SourceResolver' is not available
java.lang.ClassNotFoundException:
org.apache.excalibur.source.impl.SourceResolver
            :
            :
            :
DEBUG   11345   [fortress] (): Adding service:
org.apache.excalibur.source.impl.SourceFactory
DEBUG   11345   [fortress] (): Specified service
'org.apache.excalibur.source.impl.SourceFactory' is not available
java.lang.ClassNotFoundException:
org.apache.excalibur.source.impl.SourceFactory
            :
            :
            :
DEBUG   11345   [fortress] (): Adding service:
org.apache.avalon.fortress.examples.extended.components.ExtendedComponent
DEBUG   11345   [fortress] (): Reading meta info for
org.apache.avalon.fortress.examples.extended.components.ExtendedComponentImpl

ERROR   11345   [fortress] (): Meta information for
org.apache.avalon.fortress.examples.extended.components.ExtendedComponentImpl

 unavailable, skipping this class.
DEBUG   11345   [fortress] (): Adding service:
org.apache.excalibur.source.SourceFactory
DEBUG   11345   [fortress] (): Reading meta info for
org.apache.excalibur.source.impl.HTTPSClientSourceFactory
DEBUG   11345   [fortress] (): No dependencies for
org.apache.excalibur.source.impl.HTTPSClientSourceFactory.
DEBUG   11345   [fortress] (): addComponent component:
type='org.apache.excalibur.source.impl.HTTPSClientSourceFactory',
meta='{x-avalon.lifestyle=singleton, x-avalon.name=httpsclient-source}',
role='org.apache.excalibur.source.SourceFactory', with deps=[]
DEBUG   11345   [fortress] (): Could not copy Context parameters.  This may
be Ok depending on other configured context values.
DEBUG   11345   [fortress] (): A preloaded Configuration was not found for
key: impl.instrumentManager.config  This may be Ok depending on other
configured context values.
DEBUG   11345   [fortress] (): A configuration URI was not specified:
impl.instrumentManager.config.uri

but I cannot find org.apache.excalibur.source.impl.SourceResolver in the
source tree, but since I don;t understand the mechanics behind how Fortress
works I could be hitting a brick wall.

Regards,
Nicholas Irving

( +61 3 8641 3236      2 +61 3 8641 6810      :
Nicholas_Z_Irving@national.com.au

Identity Management, Web Applications
Support Technology

National Australia Bank
Floor 4, 500 Bourke Street
Melbourne, Victoria 3000

(Embedded image moved to file: pic03220.jpg)identityCentre Home Page

             Leif Mortenson
             <leiflists@tanuki
             software.com>                                              To
                                       Excalibur Developers List
             14/12/2005 04:56          <dev@excalibur.apache.org>

                                                                   Subject
             Please respond to         Re: Errors with Example Servlet
                "Excalibur             from SVN
             Developers List"
             <dev@excalibur.ap
                 ache.org>

Nicholas_Z_Irving@national.com.au wrote:
> Once fixed I can now talk about the next issue
>  [14/12/05 15:51:11:109 EST] 2e5b8b69 ServletInstan E SRVE0100E: Did not
> realize  init() exception thrown by servlet Fortress-Example:
> javax.servlet.ServletException:
> org/apache/excalibur/instrument/manager/DefaultInstrumentManager
>       at

com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.servlet.StrictServletInstance.doInit(StrictServletInstance.java:99)

>       at

<snip>
> ---- Begin backtrace for Nested Throwables
> java.lang.InstantiationError:
> org/apache/excalibur/instrument/manager/DefaultInstrumentManager
>       at

org.apache.avalon.fortress.util.ContextManager.initializeInstrumentManager(ContextManager.java:988)

>       at

org.apache.avalon.fortress.util.ContextManager.initialize(ContextManager.java:247)

>       at

<snip>

What jars are included?  This looks like there is a problem
instantiating the
DefaultInstrumentManager class.  It looks like the class itself is being
found, but not
something that it requires.   So you most likely have the
excalibur-instrument-mgr-impl-2.2-dev.jar
jar, but may be missing excalibur-instrument-mgr-api-2.1.jar, or
excalibur-instrument-api-2.1.jar.
If the http connector is being configured in the instrument config file
(as it should be)  Then you
will also need the excalibur-instrument-mgr-http-2.1.jar jar.  But that
is not what is causing the
problem you are currently seeing.  The manager also relies on the
framework api and impl jars
so those will also need to be available.

Cheers,
Leif