excalibur-dev mailing list archives

From Antonio Gallardo <agalla...@agssa.net>
Subject Re: Resurrecting some removed components
Date Sat, 17 Dec 2005 22:25:53 GMT
Berin Loritsch wrote:

> Antonio Gallardo wrote:
>
>> Hi Berin,
>>
>> Please read comments between lines.... :-)
>>
>> Berin Loritsch wrote:

>>> Isn't IO incorporated into Commons IO?
>>>
>>> Naming is now in Codehaus--it being Peter D's code and all.  There
>>> shouldn't be any need for compatibility changes as I don't even
>>> think it uses framework.
>>

>> Can you point to the project. I was unable to find it. I will like to
>> switch it cocoon.
>

> http://spice.codehaus.org/jndikit/apidocs/overview-summary.html
>
> It's part of spice.

I suspected of spice. Thanks for the hint. :-)

>>> Caching is something that was started and never finished or
>>> validated from what I recall.  The sole developer on that component
>>> has been unavailable for many moons.
>>>
>>> The configuration and i18n modules I can't remember too much about,
>>> however using standard J2SE calls to resource bundles is actually a
>>> bit more reliable.
>>

>> Can you explain more about it?
>>

> Let's put it this way, Cocoon's current caching mechanism is more
> mature and maintained.  The Caching library was not (to my knowlege)
> ever inforporated or tested with anything.

Yep. We never used the excalibur-cache.jar or at least it is not
currently in the cocoon lib repo. ;-) Sorry for not deleting the cache
part in my initial mail. By leaving this part made the mail less clear. :-(

> Now which did you want to hear about, i18n or caching?

i18n, please. :-)

Best Regards,

Antonio Gallardo.