excalibur-dev mailing list archives

From "Sasvata (Shash) Chatterjee" <sh...@badfw.org>
Subject Resurrecting some removed components
Date Sat, 03 Sep 2005 15:51:32 GMT
All,

We briefly brought this topic up, but the discussion around the release
overwhelmed this topic.
Can we get a bit of feedback on this?

I'd like to see the following removed libraries resurrected into the
deprecated modules directory, so we can bring them up to the latest
Framework/Logkit JARs.  Users should have no expectation of ongoing
maintenance, beyond compatibility with the other JARs.  But, if someone
were to contribute patches occasionally, I really don't see much harm in
adding those in either.  I know the goal is to encourage projects to
move to Apache commons or other libraries, but for projects that haven't
yet, or cannot afford to for some reason, it'd be nice to have this
(similar reason to why we did the Excalibur project in the first place).

Here's my list:

excalibur-i18n
excalibur-io
excalibur-naming