excalibur-dev mailing list archives

From Carsten Ziegeler <cziege...@apache.org>
Subject Re: One more change to be included into the release...
Date Thu, 25 Aug 2005 07:02:50 GMT
Antonio Gallardo wrote:

>>Yepp, we had to fix such a ThreadLocal in Xalan recently which eat up
>>3GB of memory in four hours! With the ThreadLocal properly reset, the
>>app runs at an average of 300MB...
>>

> Wow! Is this affecting cocoon? If this is affecting cocoon code, I will
> prefer to add a patched excalibur jar into cocoon.  ;-)

It depends - the bug is in Xalan, not excalibur, so you need to patch
Xalan - I filed this into Jira as XALANJ-2178. You're only affected by
it if you're using the Xalan extensions to write files directly from
within the stylesheet - so the usual Cocoon user does not need the
patch. I really hope that the Xalan guys will do something about it for
the next release.

Carsten

http://www.s-und-n.de
http://www.osoco.org/weblogs/rael/