excalibur-dev mailing list archives

From "Sasvata (Shash) Chatterjee" <sh...@badfw.org>
Subject Re: One more change to be included into the release...
Date Wed, 24 Aug 2005 13:40:48 GMT
Leif,

> If we are going to do another RCn then I have a minor change of my own
> for the
> excalibur-instrument-mgr-impl jar.  If not then it can wait until the
> next release.
> (A typo and removing a stack dump if the state file is corrupted or
> can't be
> accessed for any reason.  It can happen if a previous JVM invocation
> crashed
> at just the wrong moment.)

You tell us.  As the release-manager, here's my position:  There's no
sense doing a release, but leaving the community high and dry if they
cannot use the release.  So, tell us, if you can trudge along with using
most of the new release, but use the previous fortress-meta.  If you
cannot do that, we'll do a RC4 and fix Vadim's (I think important, but
non-blocker) issue, and you can fix the minor issue you mention here.
But, here's the catch.  I would not do the RC4 for another week, instead
really *encouraging* all users to complete testing with RC3.   Once we
do RC4, the only things that will stop the release will be things broken
between RC3 and RC4, but nothing else.

Does that sound kosher?

Shash