excalibur-dev mailing list archives

From Vadim Gritsenko <va...@reverycodes.com>
Subject Re: One more change to be included into the release...
Date Wed, 24 Aug 2005 12:15:45 GMT
Leo Simons wrote:
> On 24-08-2005 01:27, "Vadim Gritsenko" <vadim@reverycodes.com> wrote:
>
>>is no reason to do yet another RC build just because of it :-) because
>>it is simple addition which does not alter any existing behavior.
>
> -1 on such a process. There should be *no* difference between the RC that is
> voted on and what is eventually released. Take this seriously!

<vent>
Give me a break! PMC can release whatever it wants as long as what is had
released matches with what it had voted upon to release! If PMC voted to release
"SVN r239620", it might or might not match any of the previous (RC or Beta or
Alpha or Milestone) releases.

Moreover, one might argue there is no point in enforcing RCn == Final policy as
it lacks common sense. And in addition to this, RCn is already out there anyway
and re-releasing it is waste of bandwidth.
</vent>

But, whatever - it's your PMC.

Vadim