excalibur-dev mailing list archives

From Leif Mortenson <leifli...@tanukisoftware.com>
Subject Re: Phoenix. (Re: RC2 Builds)
Date Wed, 17 Aug 2005 16:15:51 GMT
Stefano Bagnara wrote:

>>Leo,
>>    Thanks. I'll take a look at these.  I tried getting the
>>latest version of Loom.  But it didn't work when I tried to
>>load James.  Missing jar.  I will play with it a bit more, I
>>imagine it is a jar version problem.  The instrumentation
>>code in Loom is pretty old.  It is using the old API before I
>>restructured it last year.
>>
>>    Do you know what James is planning to do in the future?
>>Being built on top of a frozen code base doesn't seem optimal
>>in the long term
>>

>Never tried to use loom, what is the missing jar?
>
>I've just committed to james an upgrade to the latest avalon-framework,
>cornerstone and excalibur libs.
>I also rebuilt/updated the bundled phoenix to use the latest
>avalon-framework libs.
>It seems to work fine.
>
>We probably release a 2.3.0 or 3.0 still built over avalon. We will probably
>move to OSGi or a different container later.

Here is the error that gets thrown when Loom attempts to load the james app:

wrapper  | --> Wrapper Started as Console
wrapper  | Launching a JVM...
jvm 1    | Wrapper (Version 3.1.2) http://wrapper.tanukisoftware.org
jvm 1    |
jvm 1    |
jvm 1    | Loom Engine 1.0-rc3
jvm 1    |
jvm 1    | org.codehaus.loom.interfaces.LoomException: Component named
"mailstore" failed to pass through the Starting stage. (Reason:
java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError:
org/apache/avalon/excalibur/io/ExtensionFileFilter).
jvm 1    |      at
org.codehaus.loom.components.util.lifecycle.LifecycleHelper.fail(LifecycleHelper.java:396)
jvm 1    |      at
org.codehaus.loom.components.util.lifecycle.LifecycleHelper.startup(LifecycleHelper.java:267)
jvm 1    |      at
org.codehaus.loom.components.application.DefaultApplication.startup(DefaultApplication.java:490)
jvm 1    |      at
org.codehaus.loom.components.application.DefaultApplication.doRunPhase(DefaultApplication.java:435)
jvm 1    |      at
org.codehaus.loom.components.application.DefaultApplication.runPhase(DefaultApplication.java:363)
jvm 1    |      at
org.codehaus.loom.components.application.DefaultApplication.initialize(DefaultApplication.java:188)
jvm 1    |      at
org.codehaus.dna.impl.ContainerUtil.initialize(ContainerUtil.java:119)
jvm 1    |      at
org.codehaus.loom.components.kernel.DefaultKernel.startup(DefaultKernel.java:322)
jvm 1    |      at
org.codehaus.loom.components.kernel.DefaultKernel.addApplication(DefaultKernel.java:419)
jvm 1    |      at
org.codehaus.loom.components.deployer.DefaultDeployer.deploy(DefaultDeployer.java:409)
jvm 1    |      at
org.codehaus.loom.components.monitor.DefaultDeploymentMonitor.deployApplication(DefaultDeploymentMonitor.java:269)
jvm 1    |      at
org.codehaus.loom.components.monitor.DefaultDeploymentMonitor.deployFiles(DefaultDeploymentMonitor.java:393)
jvm 1    |      at
org.codehaus.loom.components.monitor.DefaultDeploymentMonitor.deployDefaultApplications(DefaultDeploymentMonitor.java:376)
jvm 1    |      at
org.codehaus.loom.components.monitor.DefaultDeploymentMonitor.initialize(DefaultDeploymentMonitor.java:183)
jvm 1    |      at
org.codehaus.dna.impl.ContainerUtil.initialize(ContainerUtil.java:119)
jvm 1    |      at
org.codehaus.loom.components.embeddor.DefaultEmbeddor.setupComponent(DefaultEmbeddor.java:501)
jvm 1    |      at
org.codehaus.loom.components.embeddor.DefaultEmbeddor.setupComponents(DefaultEmbeddor.java:480)
jvm 1    |      at
org.codehaus.loom.components.embeddor.DefaultEmbeddor.initialize(DefaultEmbeddor.java:219)
jvm 1    |      at
org.codehaus.dna.impl.ContainerUtil.initialize(ContainerUtil.java:119)
jvm 1    |      at
org.codehaus.loom.frontends.CLIMain.startup(CLIMain.java:291)
jvm 1    |      at
org.codehaus.loom.frontends.CLIMain.execute(CLIMain.java:225)
jvm 1    |      at
org.codehaus.loom.frontends.CLIMain.main(CLIMain.java:207)
jvm 1    |      at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native
Method)
jvm 1    |      at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown
Source)
jvm 1    |      at
sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
jvm 1    |      at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Unknown Source)
jvm 1    |      at org.codehaus.loom.launcher.Main.startup(Main.java:185)
jvm 1    |      at
org.codehaus.loom.launcher.DaemonLauncher.start(DaemonLauncher.java:144)
jvm 1    |      at
org.tanukisoftware.wrapper.WrapperManager.startInner(WrapperManager.java:1785)
jvm 1    |      at
org.tanukisoftware.wrapper.WrapperManager.handleSocket(WrapperManager.java:2384)
jvm 1    |      at
org.tanukisoftware.wrapper.WrapperManager.run(WrapperManager.java:2696)
jvm 1    |      at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
jvm 1    | Caused by: java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError:
org/apache/avalon/excalibur/io/ExtensionFileFilter
jvm 1    |      at
org.apache.james.mailrepository.filepair.AbstractFileRepository.initialize(AbstractFileRepository.java:102)
jvm 1    |      at
org.apache.avalon.cornerstone.blocks.masterstore.RepositoryManager.select(RepositoryManager.java:191)
jvm 1    |      at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native
Method)
jvm 1    |      at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown
Source)
jvm 1    |      at
sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
jvm 1    |      at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Unknown Source)
jvm 1    |      at
org.codehaus.loom.components.application.BlockInvocationHandler.invoke(BlockInvocationHandler.java:171)
jvm 1    |      at $Proxy1.select(Unknown Source)
jvm 1    |      at
org.apache.james.mailrepository.AvalonMailRepository.initialize(AvalonMailRepository.java:125)
jvm 1    |      at
org.apache.james.core.AvalonMailStore.select(AvalonMailStore.java:300)
jvm 1    |      at
org.apache.james.core.AvalonMailStore.initialize(AvalonMailStore.java:129)
jvm 1    |      at
org.apache.avalon.framework.container.ContainerUtil.initialize(ContainerUtil.java:283)
jvm 1    |      at
org.codehaus.loom.components.util.lifecycle.LifecycleHelper.startup(LifecycleHelper.java:239)
jvm 1    |      ... 30 more