excalibur-dev mailing list archives

From Carsten Ziegeler <cziege...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [PROPOSAL] Use issue-tracker effectively to build release/change notes
Date Wed, 27 Jul 2005 12:53:15 GMT
Sasvata (Shash) Chatterjee schrieb:
> All,
>
> While working on the Excalibur release, it dawned on me that we do not
> have an effective way of generating release/change notes.
>
> I propose that we:
>
> - Use JIRA to open a issue for each change, or group of changes, we need
> to make
> - Only make changes in source when there is a corresponding JIRA issue
> - When the code is checked in, put the JIRA issue number in the checkin
> comments
> - When the JIRA issue is resolved, include the versions of changed files
> in the resolution comment
> - When the JIRA issue is closed, be diligent in marking which version
> the change goes into
>
> Hope you all will agree!  It sounds worse than it actually takes to do.

I agree with the last three points, but not with the first two. I agree that
it makes sense to track "important" changes in JIRA, but for example the
minor change I did lately in the logger framework. In this case I don't
want to open an issues, remove the single word from the source code,
commit, go through the issue tracking process etc.
What about using a plain old change log?

Carsten