excalibur-dev mailing list archives

From "Sasvata (Shash) Chatterjee" <sh...@badfw.org>
Subject [PROPOSAL] Use issue-tracker effectively to build release/change notes
Date Sat, 23 Jul 2005 22:04:43 GMT
All,

While working on the Excalibur release, it dawned on me that we do not
have an effective way of generating release/change notes.

I propose that we:

- Use JIRA to open a issue for each change, or group of changes, we need
to make
- Only make changes in source when there is a corresponding JIRA issue
- When the code is checked in, put the JIRA issue number in the checkin
comments
- When the JIRA issue is resolved, include the versions of changed files
in the resolution comment
- When the JIRA issue is closed, be diligent in marking which version
the change goes into

Hope you all will agree!  It sounds worse than it actually takes to do.

Shash