excalibur-dev mailing list archives

From "hammett" <hamm...@uol.com.br>
Subject Re: [Not yet a proposal]: Excalibur Container
Date Fri, 17 Jun 2005 13:26:37 GMT
Hey Berin,

----- Original Message -----
From: "Berin Loritsch" <bloritsch@d-haven.org>

> I think the best aspect of what I did was to be DI flavor of the week
> agnostic.  I intentionally developed a system that would allow Spring
> style components, Avalon style components, and PicoContainer style
> components all live peacefully together.

I'm all for that too! +1

> I was in the process of incorporating security into the model, and that
> resulted in the J5Sec project.  I think I have yet to incorporate it in to
> the Dojo suite.  It is imperative that a Dojo that uses remote components
> has a robust security model.

One of the strenghts of Castle Microkernel is that it is only focused in
being a inversion of control container. Anything else comes in the form of
facilities - yes the word was borrowed from merlin. This approach lead us to
a small code base, easy to grasp and more focused on extensions points. The
challenge that arises is how to compose extensions, chaining them, but that
was also nicely addressed in castle microkernel eventually :-)

> Add to that my really simple configuration tool that I have been working
> on for a different project, and you can see where this is going. Granted
> I'm only one guy doing all this.

And what do you think? Shall we start our little monster experimentation
from there or start a new monster altogether? ;-)

I'd rather go with a new thing, just because I - and possible others - need
to grasp the Java 1.5 from the start... :-\

--
Cheers,
hammett