excalibur-dev mailing list archives

From "hammett" <hamm...@uol.com.br>
Subject [Not yet a proposal]: Excalibur Container
Date Thu, 16 Jun 2005 04:45:12 GMT
Hi there,

Hitting the same button again - sorry! - I'd like to re-open the discussion
about a container implementation, still based on the old suggestion from Leo
Sutic, but this time using Java 1.5.

Rationale:
- Java 5 has nice features that may allow us to code a container different
from anything currently available
- An excalibur container has no relation to Fortress/Phoenix/any other which
translates in freedom on its implementation, design and functionality
- We don't even have to think about an avalon container, just focus on
Inversion of control and its meaning. An avalon adapter could come
gracefully from a good design
- For those, like myself, that haven't dig into java 5, that would be a
great opportunity :-)

Thoughts?

--
Cheers,