excalibur-dev mailing list archives

From Vadim Gritsenko <va...@reverycodes.com>
Subject Re: Release excalibur-logger, -pool, -component...
Date Thu, 07 Apr 2005 14:11:21 GMT
Sasvata (Shash) Chatterjee wrote:
> Vadim,
>
>> I'd like to get some excalibur components released. There are couple
>> of reasons for that, one is bugfixes applied to trunk, and another is
>> that releases which are out there compiled with jdk 1.4 (instead of
>> 1.3), and due to the fact that I do not see any tags in SVN (neither
>> do know what revision number was used to build component releases), I
>> think it's easier to make a bugfix release with a tag then to make
>> attempts to find proper revision to do a re-builds.
>

> I think we need to start doing the tagging, sooner rather than later.

+1000 to that! That what I was hoping to do.

> I too have had a hard time figuring out differences in the current code
> compared to the released versions (I have some idea by looking at the
> obsolete *CVS* repository, which is still out there, but of course I
> can't compare to the very lagtest code).
>
> But, which components? And what framework-dependency?

Umm, I'm not up to speed on latest framework versions. We (Cocoon) are on
avalon-framework 4.1.5.

> I like Leo's suggestion a few days back to sync everything to the latest
> framework, it would allow us to re-establish a baseline on the SVN
> repo.  If nobody has a general objection to this, I can (locally) start
> changing all the projects to depend on framework 4.2-dev and the latest
> logkit, and see how the tests  fare?

Is there any backward incompatibility problems with 4.2, as related to 4.1.5?

If 4.2 is compatible with 4.1.5, I have no issues with that plan. If not, I'd
suggest either to release bunch of components compiled against older stable
version, and/or ensure that 4.2 is compatible with 4.1.5.

Thanks,
Vadim