excalibur-dev mailing list archives

From "Sasvata (Shash) Chatterjee" <sh...@badfw.org>
Subject Re: Release excalibur-logger, -pool, -component...
Date Thu, 07 Apr 2005 13:55:24 GMT
Vadim,

> I'd like to get some excalibur components released. There are couple
> of reasons for that, one is bugfixes applied to trunk, and another is
> that releases which are out there compiled with jdk 1.4 (instead of
> 1.3), and due to the fact that I do not see any tags in SVN (neither
> do know what revision number was used to build component releases), I
> think it's easier to make a bugfix release with a tag then to make
> attempts to find proper revision to do a re-builds.

I think we need to start doing the tagging, sooner rather than later.  I
too have had a hard time figuring out differences in the current code
compared to the released versions (I have some idea by looking at the
obsolete *CVS* repository, which is still out there, but of course I
can't compare to the very lagtest code).

But, which components? And what framework-dependency?

I like Leo's suggestion a few days back to sync everything to the latest
framework, it would allow us to re-establish a baseline on the SVN
repo.  If nobody has a general objection to this, I can (locally) start
changing all the projects to depend on framework 4.2-dev and the latest
logkit, and see how the tests  fare?

Shash