excalibur-dev mailing list archives

From Leo Simons <m...@leosimons.com>
Subject Re: Excalibur inter-dependencies
Date Wed, 23 Mar 2005 15:45:11 GMT
On 23-03-2005 02:19, "Sasvata (Shash) Chatterjee" <shash@badfw.org> wrote:
> I have marked areas where the various modules depend on different
> versions.  I am not exactly sure what needs to be released with
> Fortress-1.2, any suggestions?

It might be easiest to just release everything, making sure its all
compatible with each other.

> Part of the problem is that I am not sure what the differences between
> fw-4.1.5 and 4.2.0/4.3-dev are.

They're small but vital, IIRC especially with regard to the logging setup. I
think we'd need to release framework as 4.3 and upgrade everything to use
that.

> The other areas to look at are
> dependencies between excalibur-pool 2.0 and 2.0.0,
> excalibur lifecycle-1.1 and 1.1.0. Fortress-CLI has a dependence on
> excalibur-event, which needs to be migrated to d-haven-event.

Eww! The chart nicely shows how messed up some of this is. Again, I would
suggest simply bumping the version and sending out new releases. I guess
this mess mainly resulted from moving from
ant->maven->ant->maven->magic->maven as the build tool.

> I'll add this to JIRA in an editable format after some comments.  Would
> OpenOffice spreadsheet work for that?  I'd hate to attach an Excel
> spreadsheet.

I'd say so, or just a CSV file :-D

Thanks for your work on this!

Cheers,