excalibur-dev mailing list archives

From J Aaron Farr <jaaronf...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Excalibur dependencies
Date Mon, 21 Mar 2005 14:45:36 GMT
On Sun, 20 Mar 2005 22:35:35 -0500, J Aaron Farr <jaaronfarr@gmail.com> wrote:

> >  - Fortress-1.0 is at ibiblio, but not 1.1, and no snapshots of 1.2
> > anywhere.  Should we get some snapshot JARs published, since it is very
> > stable as is?  I have heard several people wanting a release of
> > Fortress-1.2, what is stopping this (other than effort)?  If effort, what is
> > the list of things to be done?
>
> I'll start working on a list tomorrow.

I'm starting to add items to JIRA.  That would be the best place to
keep this info.

In the grand scheme of things I'm thinking about two major releases we
should be working on: a Fortress 1.2 release that includes releases of
related Excalibur components and a Fortress 2.0 release that would be
more "revolutionary".

I'd like to see the 1.2 release out by the end of May at least.  If we
get more people working on it, it could be out sooner (sometime in
April).  Major blockers for me are documentation and a binary
"platform" distribution.  I'd also like to see more tool support
(Maven and Eclipse plugins) but I'm not sure if we'll get that out
right away.  Oh, and I'd like to simpify Fortress's dependency list.
It's like 20 jars right now.

Ultimately, I'd like to get Excalibur to the point that we're doing
solid releases every 3 to 4 months.

--
  jaaron