excalibur-dev mailing list archives

From J Aaron Farr <jaaronf...@gmail.com>
Subject Working on Fortress Platform
Date Thu, 10 Mar 2005 21:09:01 GMT
Hello.

I'm working on filling in the excalibur/fortress/platform directory.
My idea is to create a distributable for Fortress that when unzipped
would look something like:

   README.txt
   LICENSE.txt
   /bin
      fortress.bat
      fortress.sh
   /conf
      wrapper.conf
      fortress.xconf
      fortress.xlog
   /lib
     *.jar
   /logs

Couple of issues:

1. I'd like to use Java Service Wrapper [1] for launching and include
the binaries for windows and linux.  The license is compatible
(BSD-ish).  However, doing this requires I add the .so and .dll files
to subversion as well as the wrapper.jar since the one on ibiblio is
outdated.

2. I'm going to include fortress-examples-1.2.jar and the distribution
will be setup to start the SwingExample by default.  I'd like to work
on other examples in the future.

Anyway, just wanted to check if anyone had any other plans for this
directory before I commit.  I'm testing the maven build at the moment
and if all goes well I'll commit sometime tomorrow.

--
  jaaron