excalibur-dev mailing list archives

From "Sasvata (Shash) Chatterjee" <sh...@badfw.org>
Subject Re: Excalibur dependencies
Date Mon, 21 Mar 2005 15:57:32 GMT
Aaron,

>How's that effort going?

So far so good.  Right now we are trying to get the dependencies to the
minimal list we can, but overall the build-system is functioning.  That,
and Keel can be distributed with so many comm. options, and supports a
lot of UI frameworks, we haven't finished testing with all of them.

>We should also look into drumming up support for getting AltRMI out of
>the Incubator.  If it isn't going to graduate, it could at least come
>back here.

I haven't followed AltRMI incubaion.  Is it being maintained there? Why
isn't it going to graduate?

> Perhaps we should look into gathering together an all out release of
>
>"Excalibur" including Fortress 1.2.

I think this would be a great idea, and would have a known working set
for FW 4.1.5.

>Indeed.  Suggestions for resolution?

I would first delete the 2.0.0 version from the repos, rename it to
2.0.1/2.1 as appropriate.  I'm not sure if 2.0.0 was released or not, if
it was we should re-release with the new version number.

> I'll start working on a list tomorrow.

OK thanks.  We have "arrived" at a list for Keel, it'd be great to get
it cross-checked.

>There was some talk about this on the repository list a while back.
>We should merge our jar repository with teh
>www.apache.org/dist/java-repository one since that is then mirrored to
>ibiblio.

That sounds like a plan.  But the other repos have some combinations of
Excalibur stuff, but all different combos.  Once we consolidate
/dist/java-repository and ibiblio, can we get the same stuff on the
pther ones, or maybe delete stuff from the other ones to reduce
confusion?  Also, we need to mention the "suggested" repo list on our
website (we can now get it from getting the source and looking in
project.properties).

>> Once we get this list fleshed out better, we can enter some JIRA items for
>>cleanup, and I'd be happy to take on any/all.
>>

>Definitely need this in JIRA.

I see the stuff you are adding...thanks.

>Got any time frame in mind for any of this?

I can work at it a bit at a time starting now.  The end date will depend
on what we have in mind.

Shash