excalibur-dev mailing list archives

From Shash Chatterjee <sh...@badfw.org>
Subject Excalibur dependencies
Date Mon, 21 Mar 2005 01:11:34 GMT
Hi guys!

Mike Nash and I have been trudging through Keel's dependencies in an
effort to Mavenize Keel's build system.
While doing that, it appears that we could stand some cleaning up of
releases and versions, and do some cleanup on the four repos or so that
have various versions of Excalibur stuff.  I am willing to go through
and put some effort in for this as and when  I find time, but maybe a
plan of *what* we should get done would be the best thing to formulate
first.

Here are some of the things, feel free to add/delete :
- HTTP client on instrumentation is great, plus removes the dependency
on AltRMI, which  was never released as far as I can find.  Can we get
this released?
- Should we have a release (and keep a list of the versions of) all the
various components based on Framework-4.1.5?  Since one can hardly have
two versions of framework in the same app., it'd be very handy to have a
list of the latest  versions of the Excalibur components compatible
with  4.1.5, without having to trudge through individual POMs.  I'll
work on this ASAP, unless somebody already has this.
-  There seems to be a Framework 4.2.0 floating out there, as well as
4.3-dev.  What should the next batch of Excalibur component releases be
compatible with?
- In the repos, there is an  excalibur-pool-2.0 and an
excalibur-pool-2.0.0.  The first one is based on fw 4.1.5, the second on
4.2.0....very confusing.
- Fortress-1.0 is at ibiblio, but not 1.1, and no snapshots of 1.2
anywhere.  Should we get some snapshot JARs published, since it is very
stable as is?  I have heard several people wanting a release of
Fortress-1.2, what is stopping this (other than effort)?  If effort,
what is the list of things to be done?
- We have repos at: ibiblio, two on www.apache.org
(/dist/java-repository and /dist/excalibur), one at planetmirror and a
development one on svn.apache.org.  The development one is understood to
have the bleeding edge stuff  Why do we need to have all the other ones,
and especially have a generally different combo of various versions in
each repo.  Can we clean this up?

Once we get this list fleshed out better, we can enter some JIRA items
for cleanup, and I'd be happy to take on any/all.

Shash