excalibur-dev mailing list archives

From Neeme Praks <ne...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Working on Fortress Platform
Date Tue, 15 Mar 2005 23:13:28 GMT

J Aaron Farr wrote:

[snip]

>Also, it looks like there were Hibernate wrappers for Avalon in the
>Hibernate project but they were removed due to the lack of a
>maintainer.  Some documents can be found at:
>
>  http://jakarta.apache.org/turbine/turbine/turbine-2.4-M1/howto/hibernate-howto.html
>
>  http://www.hibernate.org/123.html
>
>Maybe we can see about getting the code revived or moved somewhere.  I
>think Eric Pugh was the developer for that.

I was one of the original developers of that but I have been quite
inactive recently, so it could be that it was removed.
Anyway, I still have some version of the code lying somewhere on my
harddrive, in case someone is interested.
It is just a light-weight wrapper around the Hibernate SessionFactory
(or whatever it was called) and I'm still using the code in some of my
projects.

Rgds,
Neeme