excalibur-dev mailing list archives

From Siegfried Goeschl <siegfried.goes...@it20one.at>
Subject Re: The YAAFI Manifesto - WAS Re: Plans for Fulcrum release ....
Date Fri, 18 Feb 2005 10:01:06 GMT
Hi Aron,

I would like to point out that there is the James project suffering
badly from the Avalonic wars (hence the cross-posting to the James
Developer List). They recently had a long discussion to make an
Avalon-free JamesNG
(http://www.mail-archive.com/server-dev@james.apache.org/) but my gut
feeling is that it won't be an easy task.

As a casual  James user and non-contributor I could imagine a few ways to go

*) stick with Phoenix or migrate to Loom
*) make a transition to Fortress to stay under an ASF umbrella
*) jump-start an Avalon-free JamesNG and use an Avalon container of
there choice for the migration process
*) kick out Avalon, jump-start an Avalon-free JamesNG and go for Big Bang

I'm not sure what the current mood is - well, my first impression is
that removing Avalon make them very happy :-) -  but we have to keep the
James community informed on our on-going work regarding Fortress and
Fulcrum YAAFI.

Cheers,

Siegfried Goeschl

 Maybe the James folks might be interested to hear that