excalibur-dev mailing list archives

From Siegfried Goeschl <siegfried.goes...@it20one.at>
Subject Re: Plans for Fulcrum release ....
Date Tue, 15 Feb 2005 17:48:40 GMT
Hi Eric,

the troubles with adding Excalibur and Phoenix is the library avalanche
and the existing Fulcrum services will never ever run within a Excalibur
and Phoenix container. It sounds like a no-brainer but the Avalon folks
never agreed on what to put into the Avalon Context - the Fulcrum
services will simply blow up when they access the context to find
"urn:avalon:home" since this Merlin specific.

On the positive side I just hacked together YAAFI bootstrapping with
Avalon Context mapping - this theoretically allows YAAFI to be embedded
into a Phoenix and Fortress container and running any Fulcrum or Merlin
services. I have a JAMES installation (=Phoenix container) with embedded
YAAFI for digitial signatures to play around .....

The only remaining issue is that I don't know if there is cascading
lookup() implemented in Excalibur. E.g. if a component implements a
ServiceManager interface you could delegate the search if you own
container hasn't found anything and a proper sematic ... any comments
from the Excalibur community?!

Tommorrow I code

+) the Avalon Context Mapping for service components - this allows
running a cornerstone and excalibur components within YAAFI - at least
in theory ... :-)

+) the Fulcrum Reconfiguration Service - I think the easy way to go is
to monitor the componentConfiguration.xml and trigger a reconfiguration
when the timestamp has changed. It is not a universial solution but
solves at least my reconfiguration needs - better than nothing.

BTW - any objections to replace JCoverage with Clover reports?!

Cheers,

Siegfried Goeschl