excalibur-dev mailing list archives

From Niclas Hedhman <nic...@hedhman.org>
Subject Re: The YAAFI Manifesto - WAS Re: Plans for Fulcrum release ....
Date Fri, 18 Feb 2005 10:26:51 GMT
On Friday 18 February 2005 18:01, Siegfried Goeschl wrote:
> Hi Aron,
>
> I would like to point out that there is the James project suffering
> badly from the Avalonic wars (hence the cross-posting to the James
> Developer List). They recently had a long discussion to make an
> Avalon-free JamesNG
> (http://www.mail-archive.com/server-dev@james.apache.org/) but my gut
> feeling is that it won't be an easy task.

A previous discussion led to the conclusion that all configuration and
deployment files must be interpreted as they are now, which leads to an
immense compatibility issue, since you effectively need to be Phoenix/Loom
compatible in every respect.

Now, perhaps such ambitions drop over time, but if not, then I think that
either James resurrects Phoenix as their own internal container (much like
Cocoon now have their own ECM+) or a migration to Loom are the only
reasonable paths forward.

Cheers
Niclas