excalibur-dev mailing list archives

From "Eric Pugh" <ep...@www.opensourceconnections.com>
Subject Re: The YAAFI Manifesto - WAS Re: Plans for Fulcrum release ....
Date Thu, 17 Feb 2005 23:54:54 GMT
You are correct about Fulcrum will become a more generic component library.
Although actually, at this time, I would be quite happy in declaring that it
IS a component library not tied to Turbine.

None of the released components depend on Turbine at all, though of course,
due to their heritage, they are primarily used with Turbine.  Some of the
unreleased components are somewhat Turbine specific, such as template, and may
 have limited utility.  They may end up moving to the jakarta-turbine-2 code
base.

The idea is that any component that needs turbine should be IN the Turbine
codebase, with an org.apache.turbine package.  Org.apache.fulcrum really
should be completely reusable outside of Turbine.

I hate to ask the "When is Fortress 2 Done" question, b/c I know how bad form
it is.  But I'll have to ask, as it may make sense for us to just shoot ECM,
and use Yaafi, with the idea of waiting till Fortress 2 comes out, and
swapping to that.

Eric

On Thu, 17 Feb 2005 18:52:04 -0500, J Aaron Farr wrote

OpenSource Connections (http://www.opensourceconnections.com)