excalibur-dev mailing list archives

From "Rajendra Ghorpade" <rghorp...@voiceobjects.com>
Subject RE: Avalon-Excalibur Logger
Date Wed, 05 Jan 2005 17:07:05 GMT
Ur right just reconfiguring the LoggerManager do work. U do'nt have to assign new loggers to
the components as LoggerManager changes the existing references to the new logger instance.

-----Original Message-----
From: hammett [mailto:hammett@uol.com.br]
Sent: Wednesday, January 05, 2005 11:32 PM
To: Excalibur Developers List
Subject: Re: Avalon-Excalibur Logger

----- Original Message -----
From: "Jorge CAMPOS" <Jorge.CAMPOS@gemplus.com>

> Please, tell me everything I'm looking for is already done and it's simply
> that I didn't searched enough ;-)

Sorry! :-)

You could use JMX to reconfigure the components instead of a reconfigure
lifecycle.
I'm not sure whether there is an integration between JMX and Fortress ready,
but it would be good to have one.
Another concern is how to reconfigure everything on a multithreaded
environment, your components should be prepared to deal with it, right?

On the logger issue, I think you should reconfigure the logger manager and
then give the components new loggers. What do you think?

All of this could find its home on Fortress 2, which is on the plans for a
while...

--

I'm looking forward to hearing from others members of Excalibur Team.

--
Cheers,
hammett