excalibur-dev mailing list archives

From "Jorge CAMPOS" <Jorge.CAM...@gemplus.com>
Subject RE: Avalon-Excalibur Logger
Date Wed, 05 Jan 2005 18:05:43 GMT
I will take a look at JMX integration, but nevertheless I think reconfigure
support should be add to the container.

The multithreaded issue is up to the components, if a component implements
the reconfigurable interface, then it should do it in a proper way (as with
any other interface/contract).

Returning to the logger... reconfiguring the LoggerManager and giving new
Loggers to all components is not transparent for the components. It would be
the only way is you intend to switch loggers, but if you only want to change
the level (which is supported by most logging frameworks) it seems too
intrusive to me.

And yes! we want Fortress 2.0 ;) is the roadmap somewhere in the cyberspace?

Cheers

Jorge

-----Original Message-----
From: hammett [mailto:hammett@uol.com.br]
Sent: Wednesday, January 05, 2005 5:32 PM
To: Excalibur Developers List
Subject: Re: Avalon-Excalibur Logger

----- Original Message -----
From: "Jorge CAMPOS" <Jorge.CAMPOS@gemplus.com>

> Please, tell me everything I'm looking for is already done and it's simply
> that I didn't searched enough ;-)

Sorry! :-)

You could use JMX to reconfigure the components instead of a reconfigure
lifecycle.
I'm not sure whether there is an integration between JMX and Fortress ready,
but it would be good to have one.
Another concern is how to reconfigure everything on a multithreaded
environment, your components should be prepared to deal with it, right?

On the logger issue, I think you should reconfigure the logger manager and
then give the components new loggers. What do you think?

All of this could find its home on Fortress 2, which is on the plans for a
while...

--

I'm looking forward to hearing from others members of Excalibur Team.

--
Cheers,
hammett