excalibur-dev mailing list archives

From "Jorge CAMPOS" <Jorge.CAM...@gemplus.com>
Subject RE: Avalon-Excalibur Logger
Date Wed, 05 Jan 2005 14:11:44 GMT
I see.

As of now I've changed the implementations of Logger within framework (I saw
some more in the containerkit module, I will change those too).

Now I need to propagate the new level to the childLoggers. And if we stick
to the Logger approach, this responsibility will belong to Logger. Another
posibility could be changing the AbstractLogEnabled and LogEnabled to add a
changeLogLevel method.

What do you think?

Cheers

Jorge

-----Original Message-----
From: hammett [mailto:hammett@uol.com.br]
Sent: Wednesday, January 05, 2005 12:22 AM
To: Excalibur Developers List
Subject: Re: Avalon-Excalibur Logger

Seems very ad-hoc to me. Why?

If you change the ILogger instance you can't assume that the change will
propage to others instances for the same component. If we put that on the
standard API, it will lead people to confusion: "what will be the behavior?
depends on the LoggerManager implementation". The ILogger should be
therefore immutable.

--
Cheers,
hammett