excalibur-dev mailing list archives

From "Eric Pugh" <ep...@opensourceconnections.com>
Subject RE: A few thoughts about Avalon, Excalibur and future Avalon comp onents ...
Date Tue, 14 Dec 2004 10:12:05 GMT
CC'ing this to Turbine -dev as well.

YAAFI stands for Yet Another Avalon Framework Implmentation and was created
to provide a very simple container with minimal dependencies that still
fulfilled the Avalon Framework contract.

I think that adding support for some sort of compatibility test suite is
crucial to validate that the components really are cross platform.  To some
extent, that is set up through the current BaseUnitTest in
Fulcrum-Testcontainer's support for either ECM or YAAFI.  By default it uses
Yaafi, but flip a switch and it uses ECM.  Adding a Fortress support would
be great.  Theorectically, then, any unit test that extended BaseUnitTest
could pick which container was used.

What I hope doesn't happen is that by adding another container we start
having to customize each component per container it runs in.....

Eric