excalibur-dev mailing list archives

From Marcus Crafter <craft...@managesoft.com>
Subject Re: A few thoughts about Avalon, Excalibur and future Avalon components ...
Date Sat, 04 Dec 2004 13:06:35 GMT
Hi Siegfried,

Thanks for the links - I also wasn't aware of the Fulcrum services either.

The cornerstone components are in Excalibur SVN now, they were
transferred across from Avalon a little while back.

I'd be +1 to add some external links to the Excalibur website pointing
poeple to the other services available.

Gang, what do you think?

Cheers,

Marcus

Siegfried Goeschl wrote:
> Hi folks,
>
> as an Avalon newbie I had a look at Excalibur/Merlin/ECM/Phoenix and
> only found a few available services on the webpage. The point is that
> there are a few more service out there ...
>
> +) Torque can be run as Avalon component
> +) there is a bunch of Avalon services at Fulcrum (see
> http://jakarta.apache.org/turbine/fulcrum/)
> +) there were the Cornerstone services (what happened to them)
>
> Would it be a good idea to add a few links to known, good Avalon
> Services - plus a few comments which servics currently runs in which
> container ?! A not so contrieved example - there is currently work going
> on for Avalon Groovy Service as part of Fulcrum and nobody of your
> community would know about it. And the communication it is not getting
> better in the light of Metro ... :-(
>
> At the end of the day I think the best reason to start with an Avalon
> container is to reuse the existing services ... :-)
>
> Thanks in advance
>
> Siegfried Goeschl

      ,,$$$$$$$$$,      Marcus Crafter
     $:         $$$$:   ManageSoft Corporation
      $       o_)$$$:   Frankfurt am Main, Germany
            \_&&&&'
           &&&&.
     &&&&&&&: