excalibur-dev mailing list archives

From Giacomo Pati <giac...@apache.org>
Subject refactoring StoreJanitorImpl
Date Tue, 09 Nov 2004 20:20:17 GMT

Hy guys

We had the problem over in Cocoon that the StoreJanitoImpl class cannot
be easily subclassed as we have replaces the deprecated Excalibur event
package
with our own we'd like the
StoreJanitorImpl to be used the same way wrt thread usage. So
we'd like to be able to overwrite the start and run method to have our
approach to launch regularly background tasks but we want the logic to
be the same as in the subclass (seams to be sofisticated, no need to
change or duplicate that).

So my refactoring is that all the logic in the run method is refactored
out in its own protected method.

WDYT

As I've propably lost my committer right since the move from Avalon to
Excalibur how about a patch (well, couldn't see a place neither in Jira
nor Bugzilla to place that patch)?

--
Giacomo Pati