excalibur-dev mailing list archives

From Marcus Crafter <craft...@managesoft.com>
Subject Re: Transient m_logger in AbstractLogEnabled?
Date Wed, 24 Nov 2004 19:35:46 GMT
Hi All,

Leo Simons wrote:
>>On Wednesday 24 November 2004 04:51, Marcus Crafter wrote:
>>

>>>Since persistence of any component will require the logger to be re-set
>>>on the component when it's recovered we thought it would make sense to
>>>set the m_logger field to 'transient' in AbstractLogEnabled?
>>>
>>>The change would be:
>>>
>>>  private Logger m_logger;
>>>
>>>becomes:
>>>
>>>  private transient Logger m_logger;
>

> +1. I doubt anyone depends on non-transient loggers! Do remember to put
> in a testcase for something like that :-D

Ok, will do.

> PS: I'm "old school" in the sense that I think serialization of
> components/services as in "things that *do* stuff" is not that good an
> idea, and instead you should be serializing data objects (ie the
> configuration objects).

Sure - we should probably refactor our work a bit to get a pure data
object, currently the object is a data object with a few operations that
extends from AbstractLogEnabled for logging purposes.

Cheers,

Marcus

      ,,$$$$$$$$$,      Marcus Crafter
     $:         $$$$:   ManageSoft Corporation
      $       o_)$$$:   Frankfurt am Main, Germany
            \_&&&&'
           &&&&.
     &&&&&&&: