excalibur-dev mailing list archives

From Marcus Crafter <craft...@managesoft.com>
Subject Re: ThreadManager.dispose() issue
Date Wed, 17 Nov 2004 08:12:47 GMT
Hi Peter,

Thanks for that information - didn't realize there were other issues in
that space as well that people knew about.

I'll take a look at the spice threadpool package as you suggested.

Are there also spice equivalents of cornerstone connection and socket
manager, that already use the thread manager you mention?

Cheers,

Marcus

Peter Donald wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Marcus Crafter wrote:
>
>>I think I've tracked down part of the cornerstone threadmanager
>>dispose() issue described in my previous email, but I'm not sure how to
>>handle it - any ideas appreciated :)
>

> I know it may not be much help but that code has many many many
> threading/synchronization issues and breaks in a whole range of
> environments. It was actually the motivation to create Spice-ThreadPool
> (http://spice.codehaus.org/threadpool/index.html) which has far more
> unit tests with much better coverage (~90% IIRC). I would highly
> recomend you dump the ThreadManager or if you can not due to legacy apps
> then make an adapter around the Spice-Threadpool code.
>
> Cheers,
>
> Peter Donald

      ,,$$$$$$$$$,      Marcus Crafter
     $:         $$$$:   ManageSoft Corporation
      $       o_)$$$:   Frankfurt am Main, Germany
            \_&&&&'
           &&&&.
     &&&&&&&: