excalibur-dev mailing list archives

From Peter Donald <pe...@realityforge.org>
Subject Re: ThreadManager.dispose() issue
Date Wed, 17 Nov 2004 07:35:41 GMT
Hi,

Marcus Crafter wrote:
> I think I've tracked down part of the cornerstone threadmanager
> dispose() issue described in my previous email, but I'm not sure how to
> handle it - any ideas appreciated :)

I know it may not be much help but that code has many many many
threading/synchronization issues and breaks in a whole range of
environments. It was actually the motivation to create Spice-ThreadPool
(http://spice.codehaus.org/threadpool/index.html) which has far more
unit tests with much better coverage (~90% IIRC). I would highly
recomend you dump the ThreadManager or if you can not due to legacy apps
then make an adapter around the Spice-Threadpool code.

Cheers,

Peter Donald