excalibur-dev mailing list archives

From Leo Simons <lsim...@jicarilla.org>
Subject Re: refactoring StoreJanitorImpl
Date Tue, 09 Nov 2004 22:38:10 GMT
Giacomo Pati wrote:
> Hy guys

Hi Giacomo,

good to see you around here :-D

> We had the problem over in Cocoon that the StoreJanitoImpl class cannot
> be easily subclassed as we have replaces the deprecated Excalibur event
> package with our own we'd like the StoreJanitorImpl to be used the same
> way wrt thread usage. So we'd like to be able to overwrite the start and
> run method to have our approach to launch regularly background tasks but
> we want the logic to be the same as in the subclass (seams to be
> sofisticated, no need to change or duplicate that).
>
> So my refactoring is that all the logic in the run method is refactored
> out in its own protected method.
>
> WDYT

sure, why not? Go right ahead!

> As I've propably lost my committer right since the move from Avalon to
> Excalibur how about a patch (well, couldn't see a place neither in Jira
> nor Bugzilla to place that patch)?

Nah, you've still got that access! SVN has this configured:

[/excalibur]
@excalibur = rw
@james = rw
@cocoon = rw

so all cocoon committers can commit to all of excalibur. Cocoon is one
of the most important users of the excalibur codebase, and we like to
keep the barrier as low as possible (trusting of course no-one makes a
mess out of things :-D).

As an aside, jira does have excalibur and fortress in there:

    http://excalibur.apache.org/issue-tracking.html

cheers,

Leo