excalibur-dev mailing list archives

From Leif Mortenson <leifli...@tanukisoftware.com>
Subject Re: [poll] (excalibur|avalon|)-framework, (excalibur|avalon|)-logkit?
Date Mon, 01 Nov 2004 15:05:56 GMT
At first thought, sticking with "avalon-framework" and "avalon-logkit"
for the artifact ids
seems like the best thing to do.  We are not planning on changing the
internal name space
and this will be easier for users.

That said however, how are we planning to brand them within Excalibur?
All of our other
artifacts are "excalibur-*".   So in the long run, that may make the
most sense.   Helpful
in making the decision??  :-/

For the group ids, I like the way avalon placed everything under a
common subdirectory.
This makes Ibiblio much cleaner.
"excalibur/avalon-framework" and "excalibur/avalon-logkit"
So the jars end up in the repository as:
"excalibur/avalon-framework/jars/avalon-framework-impl-nnn.jar"

I don't like "framework" and "logkit" because it does not make it clear
where the jars
are from.  When you have a lib directory with 20~40 jars, it is nice to
have all associated
jars grouped together.

Cheers,
Leif