excalibur-dev mailing list archives

From Leo Simons <lsim...@jicarilla.org>
Subject [poll] (excalibur|avalon|)-framework, (excalibur|avalon|)-logkit?
Date Mon, 01 Nov 2004 11:42:26 GMT
Hi gang,

please indicate what you think makes the most sense and why:

* which of these should be the (maven) artifact id:

[] excalibur-framework
[] avalon-framework
[] framework
[] fluffy-stuff
[] ...

* and which of these:

[] excalibur-logkit
[] avalon-logkit
[] logkit
[] less-fluffy-stuff
[] ...

If you have something sensible to say about (maven) group ids (I prefer
to avoid them and have the group as "prefix" in the artifact name), now
would be a good time.

Note we can do "some of the above" or "all of the above" to a degree, as
I did so far at

   http://www.apache.org/dist/excalibur/

using symlinks. But that ain't gonna work for things like jar manifests.
If there's no clear consensus and people do have strong opinions we
could do a vote or somethin'. Thanks!

- LSD