excalibur-dev mailing list archives

From "hammett" <hamm...@uol.com.br>
Subject Re: JTA txn managers and datasource component
Date Tue, 30 Nov 2004 10:56:43 GMT
----- Original Message -----
From: "peter royal" <proyal@apache.org>

> does oracle have its own XADataSource implementation?

Certainly. If it works, thats another story.
Nevertheless, IIRC the jdbc -> connector bridge geronimo uses provide XA to
standard jdbc drivers.

> I'll be going against Postgresql, so there's no real 2PC involved.

The JTA specification says that application server mustn't use 2PC when only
one XAResource is involved. Believe, the geronimo connector and JTA
implementation is very decent, although I've found some bugs at the time
(beginning of 2004) that were patched.

Over avalon land we have discussed about a simpler jca implementation to be
used in merlin, but due to my lack of time I've stopped in the early stages
of the implementation. And now, I'd rather discuss what is good and what
isn't in the avalon framework contract before any committement to a jca
implementation.

--
Cheers,
hammett