excalibur-dev mailing list archives

From Leo Simons <lsim...@jicarilla.org>
Subject Re: Builds and releases
Date Thu, 28 Oct 2004 07:22:03 GMT
Peter Donald wrote:
> Leo Simons wrote:
>  > * Preliminary release of excalibur-framework (or TFFKAAF, The Framework
>
>> Formerly Known As Avalon-Framework) at
>>
>>    http://excalibur.apache.org/~leosimons/dist/
>
> Refresh my memory why this is not avalon-framework and where and who
> made the decision.

The main reason for it is to avoid silly conflicts with things like
maven repositories. That problem goes away when avalon is actually shut
down. It was lazy consensus, and I made the decision. As in "need to get
this over with before the next board meeting, so better just start on it".

> IIUC Avalon is being dismantled so there is no reason
> not to use the old namespace.

I didn't change the namespace.

> Introducing more unecessary changes seems
> rather silly to me.

so change it.

- LSD