excalibur-dev mailing list archives

From Berin Loritsch <blorit...@d-haven.org>
Subject Re: - no subject -
Date Mon, 25 Oct 2004 14:44:57 GMT
Matthew Harrah wrote:
> You are probably correct. However, I am doing this from within Keel 2.0,
> which as near as I can tell does not allow me to select how the metadata
> is read by the container, or which container is used. So, for me
> changing or enhancing Avalon is not really an option. I didn't say this
> before because I didn't want to muddy the water with something that
> seemed at the time like it didn't matter, but I guess it does.
>
> What I'm really hoping to do is fool the container by emulating the
> javadoc tag output from an alternate source (the roles file instead of
> javadoc tags). I want the container to think I used javadoc tags when in
> reality I used roles files.
>
>>>From my research, it looks like I could just create .meta files with the
> shorthands in them, and services.list files with the classnames of the
> services being used, and that's all that's needed. Can anyone think of
> anything else I might need?

The services.list file is a list of all the service interface class
names, pointing to the Java 1.4 services interface:

META-INF/services/<classname>

Each file in the directory (above) has the same name as the class name,
and is a list of the implementation classes (the actual components) that
implement that interface.  NOTE: if a component implements more than one
interface, it's implementation is listed for each interface.

For each component there are the .meta and .deps files right next to the
class file.  The .meta class has the info you described, and the .deps
file has the list of interface names that the class depends on.  It is
used both for ordering the startup and shutdown of components and to
detect circular dependencies (or potential circular dependencies).

                 - Rich Cook