excalibur-dev mailing list archives

From J Aaron Farr <fa...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Framework, Logkit and Cornerstone have landed in SVN
Date Mon, 25 Oct 2004 03:56:47 GMT
Leo Simons wrote:
> Stephen McConnell wrote:
>
>> Could you please make sure that cornerstone content has a different name
>> to the current cornerstone builds otherwise we are almost certainly
>> going to get conflicts (thinking about gump here).  The builds based on
>> maven will not produce the same build results as the avalon variant is
>> generating under magic.
>

> hmm. Well, the problem with changing all the names is that it'll be a
> huge inconvenience to users once cornerstone is transferred to excalibur
> completely. It's probably a better idea to just delay building this
> stuff with gump until that happens.

I don't see that there is a need to change many names at all.

GUMP build for Avalon will be shutdown within a month I imagine.  At
that point, everything should point to Excalibur.

In fact, I'm not sure if we even wanted to rename the framework and
logkit packages from Avalon to Excalibur, particularly framework.  (ie-
just say the name of the framework is "Avalon" and that's all there is
to it).

>>>  * cleanup @ avalon. Avalon SVN needs to be tagged and then have the
>>>    stuff we took over removed.
>>

>> Cleanup @ avalon is not the concern of this project.

It will be more and more as Avalon is dismantled.

> sure it is! We all want to minimize user confusion, so we need to make
> sure there's a single place people know to go for any particular
> component. Right?

Yep.

I'm dealing with a major application deployment at work this next week,
so I'll be a little tied up, but I'll help as much as I can.

jaaron