excalibur-dev mailing list archives

From Leo Simons <lsim...@jicarilla.org>
Subject Re: Framework, Logkit and Cornerstone have landed in SVN
Date Sun, 24 Oct 2004 01:13:43 GMT
Stephen McConnell wrote:
> Could you please make sure that cornerstone content has a different name
> to the current cornerstone builds otherwise we are almost certainly
> going to get conflicts (thinking about gump here).  The builds based on
> maven will not produce the same build results as the avalon variant is
> generating under magic.

hmm. Well, the problem with changing all the names is that it'll be a
huge inconvenience to users once cornerstone is transferred to excalibur
completely. It's probably a better idea to just delay building this
stuff with gump until that happens.

>>  * cleanup @ avalon. Avalon SVN needs to be tagged and then have the
>>    stuff we took over removed.
>
> Cleanup @ avalon is not the concern of this project.

sure it is! We all want to minimize user confusion, so we need to make
sure there's a single place people know to go for any particular
component. Right?

cheers,

- LSD