excalibur-dev mailing list archives

From Leif Mortenson <leifli...@tanukisoftware.com>
Subject Re: [GUMP@brutus]: excalibur/excalibur-instrument-spi failed
Date Wed, 06 Oct 2004 02:34:41 GMT
Looking over the project/excalibur.xml file, I see that several other
projects also use the
@@DATE@@ but from the Gump logs, they also seem to be having problem.

The way "excalibur-event-api" does it is to hard code the version into
the gump file.
This seems like it would be very difficult to maintain, which is the
purpose of using the
@@DATE@@ token.

It looks like there was an attempt to set the version when launching
maven with the following
declaration.
        <maven basedir="containerkit/instrument/api" goal="jar">
          <property name="component.version"  value="@@DATE@@"/>
        </maven>

The problem is this does not seem to work.   Playing around with running
Maven, directly,
the only way that I could figure out to do this was to set the
"maven.final.name" property.
This will most likely not set the version correctly in places like the
jar manifests.  From what
I could find, it looks like it would be necessary to set the following
three properties:
        <maven basedir="containerkit/instrument/api" goal="jar">
          <property name="project.currentVersion"  value="@@DATE@@"/>
          <property name="pom.currentVersion"  value="@@DATE@@"/>
          <property name="maven.final.name"
value="excalibur-instrument-api-@@DATE@@"/>
        </maven>
It would be nice if there was a single property that could be set. :-/

I will give this a try for the next gump run and see how it works for
the instrument api
project.  If all goes well then I will go though and make these changes
for the rest of the
excalibur projects.

Cheers,
Leif