excalibur-dev mailing list archives

From Marcus Crafter <craft...@managesoft.com>
Subject Re: - no subject -
Date Mon, 25 Oct 2004 14:44:46 GMT
On Mon, 2004-10-25 at 15:54, Matthew Harrah wrote:
> What I'm really hoping to do is fool the container by emulating the
> javadoc tag output from an alternate source (the roles file instead of
> javadoc tags). I want the container to think I used javadoc tags when in
> reality I used roles files.
>
> From my research, it looks like I could just create .meta files with the
> shorthands in them, and services.list files with the classnames of the
> services being used, and that's all that's needed. Can anyone think of
> anything else I might need?

OK, well, normal Fortress .meta/services.list files are created from the
@tags using the Fortress Tools ant task. This is what an app developer
needs to call to create the services files that Fortress reads at
runtime.

If you're looking to generate the same data from ECM roles file, I'd
look at enhancing the tool ant task to read a roles file and generate
the metadata files.

This would be useful for anyone using ECM who wants to use their
components in Fortress without wanting to add the @tags.

You'd just need to generate the files you mention above from the roles
file, but also you'd need to deduce the lifestyle type from the
component (singleton, transient, pooled) since ECM uses SingleThreaded,
Pooled, etc interfaces which aren't in the roles file.

Hope this helps.

Cheers,

Marcus

     ,,$$$$$$$$$,      Marcus Crafter
    $:         $$$$:   ManageSoft Corporation
     $       o_)$$$:   Frankfurt am Main, Germany
           \_&&&&'
          &&&&.
    &&&&&&&: