excalibur-dev mailing list archives

From Marcus Crafter <craft...@managesoft.com>
Subject Testing/debugging components?
Date Tue, 05 Oct 2004 18:17:14 GMT
Hi All,

Hope all is going well.

I was wondering if there was any interest out there for building some
junit and Eclipse plugin's for enhancing support for testing/debugging
components, etc?

Currently, I find it a little difficult to write a junit test case for a
component because it requires a container, or at least something to
bring it through it's startup/shutdown lifecycle.

So I thought about building something that would let you create a
"component test case" that would let you associate a configuration, etc,
amongst other things with a component. This would make it a bit easier
to initialize the component in question, and then the test* methods
could then operate on it.

I'm sure there's many other things we could do to make it easier to work
with components and fortress in general inside of eclipse - any ideas?

What does everyone think?

Cheers,

Marcus

     ,,$$$$$$$$$,      Marcus Crafter
    $:         $$$$:   ManageSoft GmbH
     ;$,    _/\ &&:'   60327 Frankfurt Germany
           \_&&&&'
          &&&&.
    &&&&&&&: