excalibur-dev mailing list archives

From "Stephen McConnell" <mcconn...@apache.org>
Subject RE: Framework, Logkit and Cornerstone have landed in SVN
Date Sun, 24 Oct 2004 00:53:32 GMT

avalon-cornerstone
> into SVN at
>
>    trunk/framework
>    trunk/containerkit/logkit
>    trunk/cornerstone
>
> avalon-framework has been renamed to excalibur-framework.
avalon-logkit
> is now excalibur-logkit. Cornerstone has kept its name.

Could you please make sure that cornerstone content has a different name
to the current cornerstone builds otherwise we are almost certainly
going to get conflicts (thinking about gump here).  The builds based on
maven will not produce the same build results as the avalon variant is
generating under magic.

> Versioning setup
> has been simplified (and versions bumped to x.(y+1)-dev), the
ant-based
> build system called "magic" has been removed and things have been
> integrated into the maven build.
>
> Random observation: our testcases kinda suck in many places, leaving
> around artifacts or failing every so often for no obvious reason.
> Another random observation: maven is acting rather predictably at 1.0,
> which is nice.
>
> It all builds for me now (a few people running `svn up && maven
> multiproject:install` would be nice). As I focus on cleaning up
> distribution areas, it'd be nice if y'all could help tackle the
following:

>   * debugging. I probably made a mistake or ten.
>   * versioning. Took a first step, but not sure if I got it right.
>   * project.xml syncing. Ie have all excalibur stuff depend on
>     excalibur-framework, etc.
>   * docs. We need to have docs for the new packages up on our site. A
>     first step might be to copy old cruft over from the old
avalon-site
>     CVS module, but we really need to get correct and updated xdocs in
>     place.
>   * releases. I really think we need to do a "release of everything"
>     sometime soon. The current situation ("where can I find the latest
>     release of X?" being a difficult-to-answer question) is terrible.
>   * gump integration. Gump needs to start building this stuff from its
>     new location.
>   * cleanup @ avalon. Avalon SVN needs to be tagged and then have the
>     stuff we took over removed.

Leo: