excalibur-dev mailing list archives

From Leif Mortenson <leifli...@tanukisoftware.com>
Subject Re: Where can I get logkit 2.0.1?
Date Mon, 09 Aug 2004 15:03:15 GMT
I sent Carsten a SNAPSHOT build.

I agree it is a pain, but how should this be handled?   Sometimes,
changes have to be made in
another project to implement a feature here.  It is not realistic to
wait until the other project
has been released before making changes to the Excalibur codebase.   We
need to make
sure that all dependencies have been released before we do are own release.

Would it be possible to set up a repository on our servers that can be
used for development.
Maven can then be configured to look there as well as Ibiblio.   This
way when a dependency
on an unreleased jar is introduced, it can be placed on that server
temporarily until an actual
release can be put up on Ibiblio.

I agree that having to check out and build Avalon just to build
Excalibur is a pain.   I work
over there a bit as well, so have them both.  But the built source tree
does eat up 244MB
of disk space... :-P

Cheers,
Leif