excalibur-dev mailing list archives

From Leo Simons <lsim...@jicarilla.org>
Subject Re: Question about closing a LogKit PriorityFilteringTarget
Date Mon, 02 Aug 2004 12:51:49 GMT
Leif Mortenson wrote:
> I can not think of any reason why you would not want to
> close down the wrapped log targets in the first place.

IMHO in general if you wrap something you should not assume you can kill
it off later. It's not quite as bad as trying to call stop()/dispose()
on something you look up through a service manager, but it can have the
same results :/

Rather, whatever creates the thing that is wrapped should kill that
thing (thou shall cleane up thine owne mess). My guesss is the best
solution is to refactor the relevant container/excalibur-logger code to
keep track of all the real log targets (not just the wrapped stuff) and
do the closing. But I'm blessed with infamiliarity with most of that
code :-D

cheers,

- LSD