excalibur-dev mailing list archives

From Niclas Hedhman <nic...@hedhman.org>
Subject Re: Instrument status. (update)
Date Mon, 02 Aug 2004 13:30:21 GMT
On Monday 02 August 2004 21:23, Leo Simons wrote:

> > I have gotten everything in Excalibur building and working again.
> > But this is going to affect other containers which handle
> > Instrumentation.   Stephen had approached me about Instrumentation in
> > Merlin at one point, but not sure if it was ever implemented.
>
> I dunno, but I do know merlin has no dependency on any excalibur materials.

That is correct. At some point, we will probably investigate the cross-section
between instrumentation package here and what we would like to equip Merlin
with.
I suspect(!) that it is possible to allow instrumentation (or some parts of
it) in a more 'transparent manner', i.e. components doesn't need to know they
are instrumented, than is possible with Excalibur/Fortress. But that is a
suspicion only :o)

Unfortunately, there are many things we want to do on Merlin, and hands are
not enough, so I guess it will take a while before we get around to it.

Cheers
Niclas
--
  / http://www.bali.ac        /